- Online registration is through GotSport and everyone must have an account with GotSport.
- An email address is required to register online.
- You must provide a phone number and emergency contact information during the registration.
- BESA will host in-person registration events to assist with those needing help with registrations.
- 3 years to 18 years old. Players must be 3 years of age by August 31 in order to play in the Fall season and must be 3 years of age by December 31 in order to play in the Spring season.
- The age of a player for purpose of league play shall be the player’s age on December 31 of the current soccer year.
- Players must NOT be older than 18 by December 31.
- The current soccer year begins on August 1 and ends July 31 of the following year.
- A birth certificate is required for all new players to verify age. Please upload to your player's account. If a birth certificate is not received, the player will not be placed on a team and their spot could be forfeited without any communication plan for the age verification.
Registration Fees & Rules
- New and Returning Players $95.00 (U4 $85.00)
- Receive an additional $5 discount for each additional registered player from the same family. Players must be registered at the same time to receive the discount. (This does not apply with other discounts.)
- Any discount vouchers can be used at the Checkout process.
- Fees include a BESA-issued jersey, shorts, and socks.
- Late registration is on a space available basis only and the cost is non-refundable. (No discounts) Team placement is not guaranteed for late registrants.
- Payment Plans are available by contacting our Registrar. A $5 processing fee will be applied to each separate payment.
- A player is considered a “registered player” only after the following three conditions have been met:
- Online registration has been completed.
- The registration fee has been paid.
- The player date of birth has been verified. Players with birth certificates issued outside of the United States must complete the FIFA International Clearance Process before being assigned to a team.
- All refunds will be assessed a $10 administrative fee.
- 100% (less administrative fee) up to 7 days after close of open registration
- 50% (less administrative fee) up to season start date (First scheduled league game)
- No Refunds after season has begun
- No Refunds if registered during Late Registration
- Refund requests must be in writing to the attention of the Registrar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring Season games begin in late February and end in mid-May. Fall Season games begin in late August and end in mid-November.
- Most games are played on Saturdays; however, due to scheduling and field availability, some groups may have a few weekday evening and/or Sunday afternoon games.
- Game schedules, rules and field location maps are available online. See the Fields Page for links to other associations.
Each fall, all players will receive a new uniform consisting of a numbered shirt, shorts and socks. Each spring, the returning players will use their uniform they received in the fall, and any new players will receive a new uniform prior to the beginning of the season. Please ensure sizes are accurate at the time of registration as any change requests after uniforms are ordered will incur a $10 change fee. Sizers for try-on are available upon request and at walk-in registration events.
Every player must wear shin guards during practices and games. Suitable athletic shoes or cleats should be worn.
Please use the following listing when determining the correct size soccer ball for your child.
- 4U-8U: size 3
- 9U-12U: size 4
- 13U-19U: size 5
Practice Times and Locations
- Coaches are responsible for establishing team practice times and locations.
- Practices for the U5/U6 age group are limited to one 1-hour session per week.
- For the U7/U8 age group, two 1-hour sessions per week.
- For the U9 and older age groups, two 2-hour sessions per week.
All of our coaches and team managers are volunteers and complete a background check and required SafeSport training. If you are interested in volunteering to coach or manage a team, please contact the appropriate age group commissioner. Past coaching experience is not a requirement. All of our coaches are required to have a U6/U8 Youth License. BESA provides a U6/U8 Youth License Module Clinic regularly.